View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2024, 12:19 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: HeroScape is coming back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
"Irene" seems unaccountably woke. I've never complained about that before in my life. I mean in the sense of inappropriate gender switching (a la the Marvel Universe). But we don't need that, because all the Kyrie are female, as are the Dragon and a number of other Dryans, the Empress of the Bugs, some Pirates, and etc. So what's the point? And I've never seen a mini that looks more masculine! You could argue tht no Clockworks are yet, but Renegade seem to be deemphasizing the whole faction idea anyhow. Yet even if you still go with female, the tone is completely off, as noted above.

It seems so dissonent that again one wonders if they don't know what they're doing to Scape, as others have noted in their inaccurate or imprecise card text. Sometimes, later tier creative folks make changes just to make the thing more theirs.

But in the larger sense, its not theirs--its ours. Well, I'll call the card what I like. We do have our own community nicknames anyhow, although I haven't been forced to use one before. Bacon, Mittens...make up a good one. Hairy?
Just curious, how do you define woke? What makes this bear HAVE to be male? You make it sound like every character has to be male by default because we already have too many female characters.

Were you upset when Braxas and Wo-Sa-Ga released too, because they aren't stereotypically feminine?