View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2012, 08:22 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Green Wyrmling discussion and playtesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkachu View Post
I think the most elegant solution would be to tweak the re-rolling idea (Dok's?) so that the trigger is limited, but not dice-dependent.

Fledgeling Counterstrike
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, if any excess shields are rolled, roll an attack die. If you roll a skull, the attacking figure receives a wound.

This way, we can give it high defense without much worry.
I think Scytale floated that first, but I'm not sure.

dalu's idea of dropping the base defense does take the bite out of counterstrike, too, but I have a couple issues with that. First, it seems like a theme fail when compared with Charos, who has the highest defense of any of the dragons. Secondly, if the GW costs 30 instead of 35 we have to consider a LOT more 4th Mass builds when we're balancing them.

I do agree that a 70 point uncommon hero could work well, but I would like to see it fit cleanly with the other wyrmlings. To me, that would be more of a green young dragon than green wyrmling. Although given that the green wyrmling will probably be Icarian instead of from Eberron, it arguably doesn't matter if it fits well.

4 movement is a very interesting idea, and does fit well with Charos (the only 5 move dragon of the big ones). Definitely an idea worth considering.

At the moment, I like the idea of testing the Porkachu/Scytale idea, with 4A/4D/35 points, and maybe 4 move? Not sure.

As far as d20 vs. skull goes, I don't really care. Both ideas exist in the game already (poison sting uses a d20, Mortal Strike uses attack dice). One advantage of the d20, of course, is that we can dial it in much more precisely.