View Single Post
Old October 31st, 2020, 03:31 PM

LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Index of 3D Printed Stl Files

I very much want to thank everyone for all the hard work they've put in to collect all these .stl files! I've had my 'Scape on the shelf for a long time and I'm glad to be able to dust it off with a slightly expanded collection

I'm off to a good start!

I have an Ender 3 V2
0.4 mm nozzle
Cura 4.7

I use a variety of profiles I got from Fat Dragon Games (excellent setup and resource BTW)

I print the terrain tiles upside down- it really limits the amount of supports needed. I successfully printed the single hex tiles upright without supports but it had enough stray filaments that the cleanup didn't save me any time.

The actual lava tiles are right-side up with supports- it's the only way to get the glossy sheen on them. Face-down saves filament but gives you a grainy texture where it touches the buildplate.

The tiles themselves have a much looser fit tolerance. They don't really grip each other very tightly. For example, one tile doesn't fix another tile in place but if you have a tile gripped on two sides it won't fall away. I'm not sure this is a problem worth fixing. I have OEM tiles that are so tight that it's all you can do to just separate them. I did have one lava tile misprint (disconnect and readhere to buldplate) and the resulting 0.5 mm offset makes it grip other tiles pretty tightly.

Last edited by LilMoochie : five minutes ago.
Reason: You think it's mindless drivel now? You should have seen it before.
LilMoochie's Maps, LilMoochie's trades