View Single Post
Old October 29th, 2022, 01:39 AM

OCDJ-scaper is surprisingly tart
Re: OCDJ’s Custom Concepts and Discussions ⭕️

Hmmm, @AMIS can you expand upon your thought process when choosing these as the names? For me, I would prefer thaelenk king if we had to concise. Strictly because I believe thaelenk is the actual name of the cold environment they are from and tundra is more like an adjective? Idk i guess either would work. However, I’m more curious as to how you came to northern battle cry. As for ice reach I feel as though that name would suit better an ability that actually had to do with ice in order to use it. So, if you think the requirement should be that he must be adjacent to a glacier mountain in order to reach. (Which thematically I’m ok with because I did have that as a concept before to signify him like hanging off one or if like his back was up against the wall he’d become more ferocious etc.) id be down with that.

Also, the idea is that he does in fact dominate the ice areas. This is the goal when drafting him. The downside is he should be extremely limited and at a disadvantage without it. Perhaps, what we should discuss here is his stats. I do have the orcs so I will test it now (depressing that I have to do it alone lol) but I would settle on decreasing his movement to 5 even 4 if it meant he could move on ice and snow for 1. We play very strategic competitive games and one thing we’ve always done was play with every type of terrain I currently own. Traditional terrain, swamp terrain, very little dungeon space sometimes castle walls, lava, and tundra. And when the game ends up on any specific terrain that just so happens to be the main focal point of the battle whether by fate or design. We ALWAYS take into account it’s affect. So, odds are I’ll never play a game without the ice and snow being specified as slippery or heavy. The issue with this for me is that the limitation it puts on other units is absolutely detrimental when covering ground. To limit Rhotaga in his own domain just doesn’t sit right with me. Perhaps, after limiting his base move, his defense can be nerfed to 2 since the ideal playstyle is that he will always be or should be played with dzu teh in his vicinity in order to be effective.