View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2019, 06:38 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Thanos (Infinity Quest) - Vote for Final Edi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
What you are suggesting is a specific army built to take Thanos down. I'm not entirely sure that's how we should be pointing him on, we tend to specifically avoid pointing based on counter draft scenarios if I remember correctly.

I'll trust you guys though if you feel his loss potential is equal to his win potential in most matchups(not just counter drafts) at that point value by himself.
Note that in my games, neither army was able to play keep away for that long, neither army was built to fight him and the X-Men was specifically one built to be exploitable. The X-Men fight was a narrow win for Thanos (more narrow than expected) and the Justice League fight a narrow loss. (And honestly, if the X-Men had won initiative at the right time once, they could have cleaned up and won.) Given the Mutants in Karat's first game had extremely poor luck and the Dark Judges in his second game had abilities they just couldn't use, that doesn't seem unreasonable. You don't have to build an army around beating him to have a shot, it just helps.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================