View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Bad traders thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies
Okay, there was a brief discussion in the trading thread about the creation of a "Bad Traders" thread that members could use to warn the community about other members who failed to live up to their end of a trade or deal. Me and another member mentioned in the trading thread that we were being taken advantage of by other members and asked for advice on how to handle the situation. Here's a link to the relevant area of the thread:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...=asc&start=900

Anyway, since the opinion of those who replied with advice was to give the offender a chance to fulfill their end of the deal, and then name them publicly if they passed up the second chance, I'm starting this thread as a place for people who've been screwed over to warn others away from the traders who screwed them.

My situation:

I was PM'd on 8/24 by Scape Scrub11, who noticed from my profile that I worked at a comic store. He asked if I could pick up a couple of recent comics for him. I agreed, bought them at my store and notified Scape Scrub11, saying I would send them out as soon as he sent me money for them (which, incidentally, was cover price + $2 shipping). He agreed, asking me to send him my email address so he could get me the money through PayPal. I did, and waited. On 8/29 he PM'd me to tell me that he'd be using his friend's PayPal account and would get me the money that afternoon. No money. Later that week he told me his friend had been sick. No problem, I said, just keep me posted.

A week later I PM'd him for info and he said he'd contact his buddy. By 9/19, after prodding from me, he said his friend would pay me while at work. Needless to say, it didn't happen. Finally, he PM'd me to send him my mailing address so he could send me the money himself, which I did. He promised to send it out 9/21. By 9/29, not having received it, I contacted him and got a reply that he had sent out $8 in cash "a day or two ago." After giving the post office a couple more days I contacted him again, saying that if I didn't receive the money (that had supposedly been sent out the last week in September) by 10/6 I would take action by naming him publicly on these boards, which he agreed was my only choice. I didn't receive the money on 10/6, or yesterday, 10/8, for that matter, so here I am.

I really hate having to start a negative thread like this, but I'm afraid this sort of information would get lost in a "Good Traders" thread that is currently 60+ pages long. If anyone else has similar stories, feel free to post them here so that others don't get taken advantage of.
OK here's where we have a problem... You have publicly accused somebody of something that could and should ruin their reputation around here... But where's your proof, and how do we know if somebody is accusing another truthfully? What if one member is angry at another and wants to make trouble for them by accusing them of being a bad trader. It is against our forum policy to publicly accuse somebody of something without proof.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell