View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2018, 02:21 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Flameslayer Customs (Wave 2: Valhallan Wrath)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Nice set of customs. I don't have the time to respond to everything, but there were a few that caught my eye:

Dark Wolf
I'm a fan of adding Unleashed Fury to another card (even if it won't save Khosumet), and placing it on a Unique Hero adds another level of risk to the process. Honestly, though, I probably would only take him with C3V's Varkaanans, no matter how potent the special attack might get when paired with the Wolves of Badru, on account of his class of Legend. I'm sure that he would be too powerful as a Dark Lord, but his name implies that he would've been. Since he's a Varkaanan-esque wolf, I'm also surprised that you didn't give him a unique name along the lines of Manauvi, Bahadur, or Arktos.

Overall, I really like this guy. It's a pity that he has to be modded--I'm sure that there are spare Confrontation Wolfen Heroes lying around somewhere.

Glyph of Knoss
This horrifies me. That is all.

Volcarren Hounds
I can see why you avoided giving them Searing Intensity (otherwise, they'd be too similar to the Marrden Hounds), but I don't really get a sense of flame from these guys. Hunters works well (although I'm not sure how useful Pursuit will be on most maps, so it could act largely as flavor), but Lava Resistant alone doesn't scream fire to me. For figures that look a lot like lava elemental dogs, it feels just a little bit off to me.

Rastuci Sunce
I really like these guys! The small range coupled with an above-average attack seems like it'll function uniquely enough, but Rise from the Ashes conveys Pheonix perfectly. I also like that their attack is higher than their defense--it ensures that they'll be burning enemies but dying in the process, giving them ample opportunity to take advantage of their resurrection ability. I do wish that they got revived adjacent to an existing Pheonix, though that's mostly just because I don't keep track of starting zones after the match begins and some maps have some funky ways to begin (a crime of which I'm also guilty).

Tavern Table
I don't believe I've seen anyone put a Destructible Object in a pack before, so this looks like a lot of fun! It does seem strangely durable for a table, but it needs to be when there are Marro Overlords storming about. I'm assuming that players are able to stand upon the table when it's upright? What happens when another player flips it to be on its side the following turn, or when the table is destroyed with a figure on top?
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed another great wave.

Dark Wolf:
You can mod him up with an extra set of Vark Greyspears, that's what I did since I had two sets and didn't want to make another squad for them. I chose to stick with his original name of Dark Wolf (I had created the design a long time ago now) since I wanted him to still feel imposing. Giving him a random fantasy name didn't seem as terrifying as Dark Wolf. I've played him with the Anubians/Khosumet, and that's a bunch of fun too. Lots of D20 chucking action, and even if you sack Khosumet, you don't lose as much as you gain!

Knoss:
It's definitely a fun idea, and fortunately it hasn't proc'd for us yet. Fortunately you can still give away a filler unit like Isamu or even Lodi.

Volcarren Hounds:
I've been hot and cold with this design since I decided to roll with the minis. In the end I decided to stay away from using 'fire as a weapon' theme and let them simply act as the animals they are. The high stats still match the other flame units which is fairly thematic.

Rastuci Sunce:
Resurrecting adjacent to each other was a fun idea, but it was just a touch too much in testing iirc.

Tavern Table:
It's hard to flip a table with a 20,000 pound robot on it But the figure would just fall if you destroy the table. Falling damage really isn't too big of a deal, but when it is, the table has been given a height of 2.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.