View Single Post
Old March 13th, 2021, 06:13 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Spring Showdown: Live 1-day event: March 13th

Quick Battle Report:

I played Airborne Elite, Kaemon Awa, Rygarn, Deathreaversx2, Fen Hydra.

Game 1 v. Ulysses (Kaemon Awa, Marcu Esenwein, Black Wyrmlingx6, Deathreaversx2, Red Wyrmlingx4) on Invasion (Wannok & Lodin)

Semi mirror match. My Kaemon goes down fast to Black Wyrms (who were hot all game) but Airborne finish the opposing Kaemon. Ulysses was pretty far ahead at midgame with the Airborne erased, but just really had no answer to the Hydra with Kaemon down. The Hydra ground through most of the rats and wyrms by himself.

Game 2 v. HSer2010 (Warforged x3, Marutuk, Rygarn) on Blacktop (Dagmar & Valda)

I got Valda early and it was pretty huge. Round 2 drop and the Airborne started tearing through the Warforged and put a couple wounds on Marutuk. The Warforged did get through the rats and managed to kill both the Airborne and Kaemon (1 counterstrike). It was a bit cat and mouse in endgame but with the move glyph my Rygarn and Hydra was able to get the jump and take down Marutuk before he got a big swing on a non-rat.

Game 3 v. Coachmuskie (Su-Bak-Na, Marrden Nagrubsx1, Marro Dividersx3, Marro Stingersx3) on Dry Season (Ulaniva & Kelda)

Fairly slow development for the first two rounds, then I dropped in round 3 and that was kind of it. 4 attacks of 5 repeatedly with the unique attack glyph just melted the stingers and dividers. It sure didn't help that the dividers kept missing their divides and the one exposed Airborne blocked a couple stinger attacks. The dividers finally hit some divides but it was too little too late.

Game 4 v. Myth26 (Arktos, Bahadur, Varkaanan Darkclaws, Varkaanan Greyspears, Varkaanan Swiftfangs) on Ice Thistle (Holdir & Kelda)

Airborne dropped in round 1 but lost initiative and only killed 2 figures with grenades on 15 targets. Deathreavers locked things up and Kaemon picked up the slack, mowing down wolves (including Arktos). Myth made some clever plays to get through, but Kaemon counterstruck one attack and blocked the other, and the Hydra finished Bahadur off before he could burn Kelda.

Last edited by dok; March 13th, 2021 at 06:33 PM.