View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2017, 12:01 AM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Public Design Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
SUPERIORITY COMPLEX
Spider-Man may attack one additional time for each opponent's figure within 4 clear sight spaces, up to a maximum of 4 attacks. Roll 1 additional die when attacking and 1 fewer die when defending with Spider-Man for each figure he is engaged with.
Right, so the tricky thing here is that the number of opponents' figures within 4 clear sight spaces can vary between attacks as figures get destroyed or Angel moves them around or whatever, so it's not too clear how the power handles that situation.
Yeah, as is, I don't know either.

Quote:
My first couple thoughts on how to resolve that are that you could either bypass that with a book-keeping clause that makes the number of attacks dependent on how many figures were there before he attacked,
This sounds good to me.

Quote:
or you could do something that just lets him attack up to 4 times, but prevents him from attacking the same figure twice. The former is closer to the original mechanics, but the latter is a little cleaner mechanically and prevents him from boosting up his attack and mauling one figure.
I kind of like the idea of him mauling one figure. If you read Superior Spider-Man, then you should remember what happened to Jester and Screwball. If you don't, look it up and immediately cringe. It was bad.

Quote:
You may also want a cap on the attack/defense modifier? Limiting it to +3/-3 keeps it from getting too crazy.
If we go with the version that lets him beat the crap out of one figure, then a cap is definitely needed.

Quote:
Love this power, though. Really nails the character in a cool way and just needs a couple little wrinkles smoothed out.
Thanks!

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!