View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2022, 10:27 AM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Jimmy Woo (Public Testing)

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Jimmy Woo

Map: City Park
Units: Jimmy Woo (150), Quake (165), Medusa (370), Jemma Simmons (85), Leo Fitz (65), Chun-Li (150), Skrull (10) (995) Vs. Spider-Man (Otto), Spider-Man (Assassin), Ghost-Spider, Spider-Man (Miles I), Spider-Man (Transformers) (1000)

Spoiler Alert!

Winners: Otto with 4 wounds, Gwen with 2 wounds, Assassin Spidey.

Map: City Park
Units: Jimmy Woo (150), Hulk (Avengers) (450), Bruce Banner (70), Scarlet Witch (330) Wasp (160) Spider-Cat (40) (1200) Vs. Batman (Bat-Family) (270), Catwoman (170), Harley Quinn (160), Huntress (170), Robin Tim (120), Oracle (110) Black Bat (200) (1200)

Spoiler Alert!

Winners: Batman with 4 wounds, Catwoman with 3 wounds, Harley Quinn with 3 wounds, Huntress with 3 wounds, Black Bat with 2 wounds, Oracle.

Thoughts on the tested unit’s cost, balance, & draftability:
Jimmy Woo is a great leader and general supporter. As an Agent leader, I think he’s on par with Nick Fury and Coulson, debatably the best of the bunch. However I think his big weakness lies in the range limit on his bonding, requiring some protection or careful position compared to the others who can either sit in start zones or at least hide behind cover.

First game he didn’t see much use due to the Spiders having superior mobility and able to get to him quick. That said his effects were in play often, healing Medusa twice and Chun-Li making use of the defense debuff with her double attack with movement. This team aimed to maximise its shutdown potential with Medusa, Quake, and Simmons, but ultimately got a lot of bad rolls.

Second game had a very strong showing. As a generalist healer in this game he definitely served his purpose, keeping Hulk alive for a long time. My aim this game was to use him in conjunction with Wasp. As written, if Wasp is Hulk’s rival, she can sting Bruce for 1 damage, forcing the Hulk switch, and then because his rival inflicted a wound on a figure (being Bruce, there’s no restriction), you can use the X to then take his turn. As Jimmy is currently worded, he can actually heal that single wound off of Bruce whilst off the board, which could make this combo even more dangerous (though I didn’t get that this game). Ultimately though, I think this combo of Jimmy, Wasp, Bruce, and Hulk is made potentially problematic because of the wording on Hulk and Bruce, neither having restrictions regarding wounds inflicted on them or by their rival. He actually got a lot more use this game due to SW and Hulk stalling the Bat-Family, but ultimately they still won, even if almost everyone was on their last life or two.

Looking at the rest of the feedback, I don’t think he needs a point increase. Direct comparison to Coulson makes him feel like a direct upgrade, but I also can’t see you getting full use out of both powers at the same time. He’s likely to get targeted fast in an Agent build, but sitting in your backlines for pure healing and extraction means you’re likely not running him in an Agents build. To me he seems fine, and I’d probably get rid of the clear sight requirement. Coulson, Fury, nor Cecil have it, so almost for consistency sake I’d take it off here too. Not knowing the character, Agents of Atlas, or what’s thematic for them, I think he’s perfectly fine as is. He lost both games, but he got his worth in both I feel.

General thoughts on the tested unit:
Very very fun and nice to see more Agent leaders. I really enjoy flexibility in factions like this, where there are multiple options for leaders, scenario and teammate depending. I think clear sight requirement is fine but can be changed if others think he needs adjusting. I also think potentially the healing should be adjusted to figures you control on the battlefield / this battlefield? As I’m reading it he can heal figures that are alive but not on the board, but if I’m wrong there please correct me. Really enjoy what he brings though, I like his slight generalist nature a lot, and will be using him alongside White Canary sometime!