View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2020, 07:44 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Comics: what are you currently reading?

Just enjoyed the Sixth Library Edition of Avatar the Last Airbender. These are long comic trilogies, about 200 pages each in their large hardback editions, that are available at Barnes & Noble among other sources. They continue the story of the original animations, starting only seconds from the last episode's finale.

All are excellent. The last has a new writer and artist who kept the standards up from both the animation and the first five comic volumes, and in fact have now begun to link up the older stories to the coming next generation and to the grandchild generation which is the era of Korra. I was not as impressed by the one library volume of the latter, which is Turf Wars, by yet another creative team, continuing her story from its own animation.

They are, in order:

The Promise
The Rift
The Search
Smoke and Shadow
North and South
Imbalance

I'd be surprised if any coming redo, live or animation, turns out to be as good as these are. I highly recommend them. The original creators of Konietzko and DiMartino have guided them, and there is a great consistency of the beloved characters, as the society portrayed continues to evolve after The Hundred Years War.

Last edited by chas; October 10th, 2020 at 03:17 AM.