View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2016, 01:05 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation
Re: HeroScaper Meet in North East Area (Philadelphia)

@Dad_Scaper - thanks for tagging me in this thread, I don't usually check the new ones, since I barely have enough time to keep up with the on-going discussions. &OBTW: I'm sorry I won't be able to make it to your event in Glen Burnie this weekend because I missed my grandson's birthday and this is the first opportunity I've had to visit them in central PA. Also I think in your attempt to tag DragonRuler, you may be referring to @DragonSlayer2 whom I haven't seen in years because he's been busy with college courses, work, and something called "40K" (bleh!), but does live in the Vineland, NJ area not terribly far from my house.

@tom - Hey good buddy, how you doin'? Glad to see that you ain't dead yet and still checking these forums occasionally. Are you still gaming at GK in WC? ATF in WB closed up shop last month, but ATKM in Pitman and TCBS in Glassboro are still a viable options (aprx 1/2 way) for us to meet sometime... or there's always Mike's house ( @fallow ) on Thursdays (ha ha ; - ) I'm involved with two local gaming groups that are keeping me pretty busy - especially with FF's Star Wars: X-Wings, which may have gotten out of control since my collection now includes over 100 spaceships. I may eventually need an intervention and 12 step program, but for now I'll keep ignoring the crocodiles to swim in D'Nile.

@DragonBorne - WELCOME BACK. Glad to here that you hung onto your HS collection because it is an awesome game that you can always come back to. I too have a huge collection packed up in storage boxes that I haven't touched in almost a year and find myself making semi-annual tripps to Baltimore for D_S's events or out to Hicksville, Long Island, NY for @Grishnahk 's events. I live near Ocean City, New Jersey, and love HS, but have always had great difficulty finding a suitable place to play it. In the past I've driven to North Jersey, West NJ, Philadelphia, Jenkintown, West Chester, Springfield, Allentown, New Holland, and Newark Delaware, just to 'Scape but each takes at least 2 hours and needs to be carefully planned in advance and worth the effort. What did you have in mind?

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; March 10th, 2016 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Corrected typos