View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2019, 09:20 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Interview questions for how C3V and SoV work in sanctum

Well met!

I would like to thank everyone who has been indulging me lately. You know who you are. I do not know how you all do things, but I keep tinkering with a design to make it more fun and thematic (with the right sculpt) to play. I have not found anyone here unapproachable. However, they do insist that you brainstorm on your own time. But playtesting with another person is necessary for me to know how these customs feel when played. When I dropped in on the Workshop with real play impressions, real suggestions with real reasons were presented. I've come up with responses to those suggestions that are a bit tangential, but I am confident that the back and forth will eventually lead us to create another unit that looks and plays uniquely and intuitively in an elegant, thematic way - and is fun to play and play against - like Kha. I expect it will take some time.

I am grateful that it is so challenging to create a unit for SoV induction. I'm glad they take preservation of the game so seriously. Otherwise, it wold be like Warhammer, where you had to have the latest figures to compete. Or they let in Penguins with Machineguns. [Then I'd quit. Just so you know.] Or did you slip them in under the guise of Microcorps Agents?There is an art to making a unit that belongs in Heroscape. [I was sooooo pissed about the Bolt of Witherwood, but I got over it - sort of.]

Please read the previous post carefully. And try "hearing" what it has to say. To paraphrase someone, if one person thinks your unit doesn't belong in Heroscape, maybe that person is misguided. But if many say it doesn't, and no one but you defends it, . . .

P.S.: There is a way you could help [me, at least]. I often design sculpt first. I don't know where to find decent, non-fantasy sculpts in quantity that would be suitable for SoV induction. I have a feeling that a number of my ideas would have more traction on non-fantasy characters. [I will find a context for Reversal and Ruthless Reversal that you won't be able to refuse.]