View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2016, 11:46 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Daimon Hellstrom (Design Phase)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
I like it!

For the Darksoul wounding bit, can he only inflict the extra wound if he's already dealing wounds with that attack, or can he use it even on attacks where he fails to do damage normally? Either is fine (with the latter being more powerful obviously), but it's not super clear right now.
My intent was the latter, but the use of "additional" probably does muddy that slightly.

Quote:
I love the drawback for the Hellfire spells, but with that in mind, I'd like to see their power level bumped up a little. As-is they'll come in very close to the two basic SA spells, meaning non-Demons will never take the risk of casting one of these when the other two are about as powerful with no drawback. But if these were bumped up and came in at 10-15 points, I could see bringing one or two along with figures like Doc Strange on occasion.

For Ignition in particular, what about doing it more like Cyborg Superman's SA and give it a higher attack (4?), but only allow you to roll for extra dice one time (maxing out at 8 skulls)?
Yeah, they could probably use a slight buff across the board. I originally designed them more with the intent of going regular-powered spells with bonuses for Demons, and they're still at that base power level despite now dropping the bonus approach for the drawback one.

I like that idea for Ignition. Might have to do a little number-crunching to make sure it's not more powerful than I think, but I like the idea.