Thread: HoSS Online
View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2014, 03:44 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: HoSS Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
And... where do I find 2D versions of the maps with the height numbers? I'm hoping to print one off and play some StarWarsScape with the SW minis I've got laying around. (No real HeroScape, sadly)
Just wondering... How do you plan on printing them? You'd need 24" x 30" poster board just to print out Sirocco (20.19" x 29.72").
At a hobby store in town I can buy "extra scraps" of some kind of board (I'm not sure what it actually is). I used 4 identical pieces to make a folding board for a game I designed and it works very nicely. They cost 1 Euro apiece, occaisionally I get an extra piece thrown in for free. I was figuring on doing something like that, maybe a six-piece folding board, so that it's about the size of a large board game and attach protective transparent sleeves to it (like what you put in a binder). Then I would print off the map I want (and I'll admit, it's a little limited as far as size goes) in six pieces and insert them into the sleeves. I figure something like 7 Euros to put the board together and then printing costs for 6 standard sized pieces of paper (for 1 map). I could even print both sides and save paper (two maps on 6 pieces of paper).

EDIT: I just checked this out and it looks like I'd need something bigger. Considerably bigger. I'd forgotten how much room a battlefield takes up. I also remember the early days, when 1 RotV was all I had. Those maps would work, possibly, but the HoSS maps are much larger with much more terrain.

I'm now considering making a cheap 2D version of HeroScape using cardboard chits and a smaller map. Retain the gameplay, make it a little abstracter optically, and a guy can still enjoy it. Sadly, 3D and optic is one of the best parts of HeroScape....

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!

Last edited by Tai-Pan; November 19th, 2014 at 11:53 AM.