Thread: Memorable Games
View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2022, 01:52 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Memorable Games

What Heroscape games and game moments can you remember to this day?

I remember a game where my nephew built the map and he made his start zone on a hill 5 high with ways to get up there on the side. He drafted the Krav Maga Agents and some other range. I had the Mohican River Tribe, Venoc Warlord and Sgt Drake 1.0. I managed to win the game despite the map being so lopsided. My nephew responded that he should not have given me a way to get up to his perch. That’s when I educated him about making maps that are even for all players.

I also remember a game where I was terrorizing the battlefield with Cyprien and one player rolled a 20 with Dead Eye Dan and instantly knocked out Cyprien. Everyone cheered and I even appreciated how awesome that moment was.

I remember one game where I had Venocs and the opponent had Protectors of Ullar and I won the game on the very first turn because I got hot Frenzy rolls.

What are some games you will never forget? What do you think goes into making a memorable game?

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.