View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2019, 05:11 PM

AgentWard is surprisingly tart
Re: OHS Season 34 - Welcome to the Jungle - Round 1 until 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodaciousBlood View Post
Quote:
The BodaciousBlood v. AgentWard pool of armies is:
* Gothlok, Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider, Vulcanmech Incendiborgs, Death Chasers of Theskx3 (drop 1)
* Charos, Guilty McCreech, Quahon, Fyorlag Spidersx3
* Capt. John Varan, Heracles, Krav Maga Agents, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Rygarn
* Arkmer, Bol, Chardris, Emirroon, Haduc, Kyntela Gwyn, Marro Warriors, Ulginesh
BodaciousBlood chooses to pick their army first or second. After armies are picked, AgentWard chooses who places first.
AgentWard was victorious in Round One. It was a very fun game. Fortune was not on my side as i went several turns not being able to put hits on various figures.

Heracles was the clear MVP for this match. He was able to take out Gothlok, all redundant systems markers on my Incendiborgs. In addition, he eliminated two Incendiborgs with his meaty Demigod hands. All the while, I struggled to land the 8 wounds necessary to put him down.

After Heracles was finally eliminated, it was down to Nerak, a single Incendiborg, and 2 squads of Death Chasers. Agent Ward had full life Rygarn, Raelin, and Capt John Varan. (The Kravs were eliminated before Heracles. They were sort of a non-factor in this match)

I was able to slow the pace a bit, creating a sort of slow roll approach to his start zone, where his heroes were waiting for me. The game was definitely moving in AgentWard's favor. He won all but one initiative rolls the entire game, in addition, his defense throughout the whole match was indomitable.

As I wounded Capt Varan, he was more and more able to dispatch my remaining orcs with his special attack. Nerak and his desperate band of orcs were able to finish off Varan and place some wounds on Rygarn and Raelin. But to no avail. The remainder of my army was destroyed and AgentWard was victorious.
He won with a 3 life Rygarn and 3 life Raelin.

A very fun match to kickoff my first Online Tourney!
Finally, here my report.

Everything start at the choice of army, it was really difficult, I choose Heracles to beat easily the army of dragons, without be disavantaged in the other case.

BodaciousBlood choose to play orcs, they have a really good attack and can kill Heracles quickly I think.

The first round start and I choose to put evrything on KM agents to kill the maximum of orcs before let Heracles go into the fight. But after one turn I have an opportunity to reach Gothlok with Heracles and height adantage. Rygarn use his power to do that.
Now that he is in the melee, he kills Gothlok and start attacking the Vulcanmech.

I have no time to pay all the support figures for him (Raelin and Cpt. Varan) and he finish to die by destroying two incendiborgs.

My KM all die without doing a lot of thing. Cpt Varan have a nice power to attack all the orcs with their low defense. Him and Rygarn stay near of Raelin to kill the rcs one by one. Cpt Varan do a lot of work but finish to die face of Nerak. Rygarn avenge him easily.

This game was very fun and BodaciousBloods dices were cursed. Without his unluck the game would be even more close.

Heracles was really impressive and surprising, in one turn (starting without numbered OM) he kills one orc and attack with 8 dices the flagbearer. This figure is always incredible, and less "all or nothing" than a lot of high cost figure.

Thanks again to Bodacious for the game, I hope we will met again in other game but with equal dice