Thread: Sports: NFL
View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2018, 11:04 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Sports: NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider30 View Post
I’m curious as to why you guys feel that being a ‘domestic abuser’ disqualifies someone from holding a job in the nfl?

-Raider30
Because they are entertainers and I don't want to pay a domestic abuser to entertain me.

I'm actually pretty upset about the Foster situation. I really believed that he hadn't done anything in the incident last year, and his acquittal seemed at the time to justify that belief. Seeing the new accusations and the girlfriend saying she lied when she recanted I just find I don't believe him any more. So I was cheering on a guy who was hurting women. I am so not okay with that.

And playing amateur psychologist here, even if the answer is for an abuser to seek treatment I struggle to believe that engaging in a highly aggressive daily activity is conducive to healing. So even if I wanted redemption instead of punishment, I wouldn't want them in competitive sports.

~Aldin, unhappily

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham