View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Hugo Strange - Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'd prefer just "Unmasked" for the title.
Why? Why take off Vigilante? It is a Vigilante specific power.
I agree with Griff here. It's a power that could be re-used for other classes also just by replacing the Vigilante in the title & text with the other appropriate class.
I just like how it reads better. Not a deal breaker. I also associate Vigilantes with "masks" more than anyone else, and can't really think of another faction that so prizes their secret identities, so I'm not sure I really see it fitting anywhere else very well. "Archers Unmasked" or even "Crime Fighters Unmasked" doesn't so much do it for me ... I'd go "Champions Unmasked" but guys like Superman and Captain Marvel don't technically wear masks anyway ... Anyway, like I said, not a deal breaker for me. If I reuse it on anything, it's likely going to be the Vigilante version.

Quote:
Quote:
I think Insane Provocation is just too much power. It needs to be limited some way like just when he is attacked by an adjacent figure or some other way. It just seems too much as is.
I could reduce the move number to 4, maybe, but really I don't think it is going to suffer from over power at all. Still, if it does, we could cap the number of figures moved or create an interesting number of figures moved by rolling dice and counting blanks (too much like Martian Manhunter, but you get the idea), or maybe something crazy and weird like count the number of unrevealed order markers in play on Insane cards.
I just worry a tad about adding it to all the defensive powers that trigger for the opponent when you're attacking already. I mean, if I'm taking Hugo Strange and his Insane posse up against Batman, Angel, and a crowd of Civvies, how long after Hugo finishes rolling his attack dice until I'm likely able to take a turn with Harley Quinn in that scenario?

Quote:
Quote:
The mechanics for Mutagenic Monster Men are interesting but I missing the theme.
He mutates and manipulates crazy people. I think this power is cool, but it isn't exactly all that iconic. We could just scrap it all together.
I don't hate it, but I do think the core of Strange is represented without it very well (1. He's obsessed with Batman, a vigilante 2. He knows Batman's secret identity 3. He's a psychologist who regularly manipulates the insane).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.