View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2019, 09:59 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: Dark Avengers/Cabal/H.A.M.M.E.R. Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
NAME = MS. MARVEL
SECRET IDENTITY = KARLA SOFEN

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHARLATAN
PERSONALITY = MANIPULATIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

TREACHEROUS LIEUTENANT
At the start of the game, choose another Charlatan, Leader, or Mastermind you control. If your chosen figure is in clear sight of Ms. Marvel and you;
  • won initiative this round, after revealing an Order Marker on your chosen Hero’s Army Card and before taking a turn with that Hero, you may take a turn with Ms. Marvel. If you do, your chosen Hero may not move during their turn.
  • lost initiative this round, your chosen Hero subtracts 1 from its Defense number.

DISTRACTING LIGHT
If there is at least one unrevealed Order Marker on this card, opponents' figures within 5 clear sight spaces of Ms. Marvel cannot roll for leaving engagement attacks. Figures with the Blind Warrior or Sensory Assault special powers are not affected by this special power.

REACTIONARY PHASING
If Ms. Marvel is attacked by an opponent's figure and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die, adding 6 to your roll if the attacking figure is not adjacent to Ms. Marvel. If you roll 12 or higher, Ms. Marvel takes no damage.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
@Ronin How do you feel about this?

Kind of an echo of Carol’s leadership power. If you win initiative, you get some of the best OM efficiency in the game (Karla, then Iron Patriot/Red Skull, then a Master Motivator turn is crazy) Charlatans, Leaders, and Masterminds will hopefully keep it a bit limited.

The worst combo I can think of is Business Lex, who can combo a turn with Karla, then a turn with a Kryptonian, then attack himself, all in one turn. Even worse, Criminal Deception makes it so he doesn’t really care about losing Defense dice.

I’m hoping the fact you only get the good effect 50% of the time (or have to pay for initiative boosters) will keep it a little balanced, but idk.
I'm not sure about Masterminds.... I assume that's in there as a hook for a future plainclothes Norman? Like you're highlighting there, though, I think it opens up a lot of combos that have potential to push the price.

Echoing Carol is cool, but I'm not sure if it totally suits her style. I think the essential theme to capture (and not saying the original write-up totally nails this) is that she's a nasty schemer that gets brought in to manipulate the ground troops and keep them in line... but she's also upward managing and manipulating the mastermind that brought her in.

I think whatever her benefit is needs to be a more passive "managing a bunch of psychos" kind of thing and not a straight-up bonding power.