View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2010, 01:00 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: NorthEast Ohio Scapers (Cleveland, Akron/Canton, Warren,

There will be one big Ohioscape NHSD event. Please see the thread NHSD Columbus Ohio - 10/16/10 for details. If you cannot attend but would like to host your own smaller-scale NHSD event (maybe a different format than the standard tourney) in NorthEast Ohio, feel free to organize one.

The reason to have one NHSD in columbus and not a separate one in Northeast ohio is as follows:
  • It would be nice to have one big Ohio NHSD event that rivals the Texas one in attendance, and the most central place for all is Columbus
  • Most of the past NEOScaper organizers are tired of organizing or busy this time around
  • Since the Columbus crew has came up here the last few times, it might be nice if we went down there once.
  • Other thank KC's terrain, the Columbus crew has the largest single collection of terrain that I know of.
Disadvantages:
  • 2-2 1/2 hours each way is a long time - and for those going it takes a lot of time out of your day, not to mention gas $)
  • Some people may not come due to the distance, especially younger members or those with no transportation that rely on others and are leary (or parents are leary) of carpooling with people only met online or at past heroscape events
  • Location will probably not be as big as All American in Warren

Now that Gencon is over, time to start planning for National Heroscape Day on October 16 2010! Who wants to take lead as event director? This requires:
  • Create and Maintain thread
  • Pick and bring maps or make sure they are brought at set up
  • Book location
In the thread, we can decide time, format, & maps so the burden is not too big on director. I will be busy with MBA classes & full time job and I never successfully planned a tourney, so would prefer someone else to take lead, but I would if no one else does.

Also, do people prefer NEOScapers or NEOScapiens or something else to describe us?

Last edited by lefton4ya; October 20th, 2010 at 03:39 PM.