View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2023, 12:58 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: It Gets a Pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
I initially was worried I wasn't going to be a big fan of the split start zone. I still don't love it but I don't hate it. It definitely makes you think about how you want to deploy much more than a standard map. That's a good thing even if it was slightly annoying for me especially with the army I was playing which had a lot of moving pieces.

The map itself still played really fast allowing for good development. The height is really nicely placed in that it's really hard to hold for a ranged squad and the middle LoS blockers also make it hard for range to cooperate there.

The one place I'm most concerned about a chokepoint (level 2s next to some level 1 ice and the 2 level 3 height sections in the middle of the map) is a spot that feels like you'd rarely want to create a chokepoint there.

Overall, this map felt fast for development and gave you a lot of options to work with. I'd be very hesitant about wanting to extend range too much on this map as melee is going to catch up to you pretty quick and it can go badly. But if range plays it smart, melee will also have to play it smart and use the tools this map gives it well.

I don't really know how much of a map analysis that is but it's what I noticed while playing on the map.

~Dysole, informationally
Lovely review Dysole! I especially appreciate the bolded insight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Sheep asked for some feedback on Yngvild Pass since I played on it in Round 1 of OHS Season 51.

No automatic inclusion of Yngvild glyph. FAIL

For HexiCon, I'm doing exactly that! LOL
So if anyone wants to know how I came to settle on that name... Obviously I thought of the glyph but I was curious to know if it had any meaning behind it so I searched it...

What a wonderful coincidence that it's an ice cave in Elder Scrolls! "Pass" then has a double meaning that references a geographical location and the glyph.