View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2017, 01:59 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
My daughter and I played a little more the other night. Morgan jumped her bear and ranger off the walkway and each took 5 wounds. But she wanted to secure that treasure that I had moved off the roof she was heading towards. She had used Telekinesis to bring the treasure between the logs in the center, closer to her side of the board. But I used Telekinesis with both wizard and then apprentice to steal it back towards me. Her fog drifted away and I cast a Wall spell to keep her at bay and from charging her bear at my crew.

We had a boar come out on my side of the board after the 5th treasure was picked up, but my Crossbowman and Archer took care of it during my soldier phase to keep it from causing trouble.

Maybe we'll finish it up tonight or tomorrow.
Nice, what scenario are you playing with this game? I am going through in order in the main book right now. My one brother and myself played a generic game to figure out how to play, then I played a 3 player with my other two brothers on the mausoleum. Then I played a 1v1 with my summoner brother on the genie lamp mission.(even though he didn't come out.) Next we'll probably play the silent tower. I hope its a 4 player blood bath. I know all my brothers will be gunning for me too. Especially since my last level up. I think we will just play through each book after the one before it. I also thought up some very cool ways to do monster spawn charts to spawn either more thematic types of monster in games or just what the players would rather do. I think I'm going to either find or make creature reference cards that have pics with them. Also, might just make it a lower roll for a creature to come out on a treasure roll as well. We didn't see any creatures come out last game, including the genie, I worked on and painted so cool.
We are playing The Hunt for the Golem campaign in the Frostgrave Folio book. It's a 3 scenario campaign. Right now we are on the 2nd scenario.

Some games I haven't seen any creatures and some games I've seen a few. I have an Imp spell, so I use it on occasion to send an Imp near my daughter's troops to force her to deal with it as if it's a random creature. I also have Raise Zombie spell, so I can send it over to mess with her guys if I feel like it, and not worry about it getting killed, because it will turn to dust at the end of the game anyway.

I have been writing creature stats on little piecesof paper as they come up, but may end up getting some note cards and do them all.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon