View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2022, 10:04 AM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Getting Started with 3D Printing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Thank you for posting this. I've been interested in getting my first 3D printer for the past couple of years, but either haven't known enough about it, haven't been able to afford it, or haven't had the proper space to safely set one up. I'm looking at either an Elegoo Mars 2 Pro or an Anycubic Photon Mono 4K.

Right now I'm living in a two-bedroom apartment, and there isn't a great way to properly ventilate.
Honestly, 3D printing is like it's own addiction. . . I mean hobby. I got into 3D printing when I was still in highscool and it has done nothing except taken my time and money lol

I am in a 3 bedroom apartment and just have my printers set up in the dinning/living room. Thankfully my roommates are pretty chill about it but I know Ive seen people put them inside pop-up "fume tents" that seem to work well. Some people even drop a mini air filter unit into the fume tents and say they cant detect any smells. Additionally Ive seen an increase in "ECO" resins that are supposed to be "Smell Free". I just use basic resin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbilly1 View Post
I have been eyeing a resin printer for a while for figures. Dragonslayer2, the only thing missing is can you give a reference point on of how much can be printed at once and time to do it? On the assets you have obviously, rough estimates.

On SLA how long does it take to do a single hex piece and a say a tree?
On Resin how long does it take to print a single figure, and how many standard figures can fit on your Anycubic Mono X - like a Marrow Warrior?
Cant really speak to SLA but the time for resin DLP printers is purely based on the height of the model. The mono X can print about 12 marro drones in under 3 hours. The photon s can print 6 in about 4 hours. One of the smaller trees would take around 6 hours but you could prolly fit about 8 of them on a single mono X build plate. Water tiles/standard hexes would take even less time. I suspect water tiles would be under, hour, standard hexes around 1-1.5hrs, and you could prolly get about 8 tiles per mono X build plate if I were to guess. (assuming you print the tiles flat. You could get a lot more by lining them up vertically but you would increase your print time to about 3ish hours on the mono x) Plus cleaning and curing times.

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST