View Single Post
Old December 31st, 2020, 08:59 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Stats seem solid, though appears at first glance to be overpriced.

Skeletal Form is overly messy. Simply make it a +1 against non-adjacent figures. Restrict it to normal attacks depending on the theme you want.

Captain of the Guard is dangerous in concept; reverse-bonding is generally disliked, though limiting it to specific squads helps a ton. The biggest problem is the "uncertain future requirement" problem. Despite best intentions, you cannot guarantee that a figure you take a turn with will end that turn within 3 spaces of Tatomb. It might get destroyed by Counter Strike, for example, or Tatomb himself could be killed by Dying Swipe. And if the figure cannot end its turn near Tatomb, then it could not have taken the turn in the first place, in which case the effect that caused that to occur could not have taken place. It just doesn't work. Just make it so that they have to start their turn near Tatomb and that fixes the problem.
Skeletal form is an existing VC power on the 2 customs that this guy is designed to work with. Tomb Skeletons and Tomb Skeleton Archers. Is there a reason it wouldn’t be accept nowadays? Also the reverse bonding has precedence, which is why I pursued named squads ala Kato the Daiymo.

I am guessing that I have to extend his command bubble then because at 3 spaces for a “start here bubble” that’ll make things even more slow. I can also work on a lower price point.

Last edited by Shiftrex; December 31st, 2020 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Understands the concept now