View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2011, 07:54 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: MSE - Easy Army Card Creator (V2.4 for CHCG24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sertorius View Post
Hello again.

I'm using the hi-res Dungeon Set cards exclusively now from start to finish and loving them. When we print these out for our customs, in a lot of cases they look even better than the original 'Scape cards. Very nice. Quick question:

I notice that when using the hi-res template, the Ability Text area is rather constricted... that is, there is a good deal of space on the right-hand side which isn't utilized. I compare this to, say, Shurrak's incredibly dense card, and notice that the text there utilizes that extra space well. Is it straightforward to expand this area slightly in MSE? I poked around with the "style" file in the hi-res template directory briefly, then got scared and closed it.

Also, and related: often times the last word or two at the bottom of the card gets indented, and this really annoys me. Often times it seems like there should be plenty of space to avoid it, and I just can't make it happen. Example below. Any way to fix this? expanding the area slightly would help, maybe?
Before making adjustments to your style file, save a copy as a backup. That way, if you mess it up too much, you can go back.

To adjust the width of the abilities box, go into the style file and find "abilities" and change the width value. To adjust the height, which will push the angled section of the text box down, you'll need to find the "abilheight" coding and increase the value after
Quote:
if card.marvelsym = "" then
Don't push the angled part down all the way to the bottom or you could end up having text overlap the card border.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031