Thread: Help With Wurdz
View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2017, 02:09 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Help With Wurdz

Outside of the scope of this thread, but please throw me an idea if it tickles your fancy and you come up with something. I'm writing brief flavor text for the card template samples I've been working on. Next card is Marro Dividers. The flavor text doesn't have to relate to what makes the unit special, (nor does it have to be the unit making a direct quote) but in this case the obvious concept of "yeah, you can divide us (literally)--whoop-dee-do--but we're always united in opposition to you" sprang to mind. I'm having trouble expressing that in a flavorful, yet super concise way (there isn't much space on the card for flavor text).

My least embarrassing attempts went something like this (variants):
- My brother and I, long united, must divide, and thus divided, do unite.
- My brother and I, long united, divide, and then divided, do unite.
- My brother and I, long united, when divided, do unite.

After that, I thought it might be fun to play with cleave being its own antonym and I'm totally cool with Marro having enough command of language to know that:

- Go ahead, cleave us! Then watch us cleave together.
- Go ahead, cleave us! Then watch in terror as we cleave together [text is getting long, but would be cool for it to express what they do in retribution after cleaving together...]

...anything above that can be redeemed with some punching up? Or anything OK as-is?

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK

Last edited by Xorlof; February 20th, 2017 at 02:33 PM.