View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2016, 05:36 PM

Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Craig Van Ness Q&A Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mee likey View Post
What's up, Mr. Van Ness?
I can't remember if this has been asked yet but...
I'm assuming by now you would have heard about the announcement that Rob Daviau is going to take part in a new company called Restoration Games whose goal is to get the licenses for older, beloved games and remake them with new components and revised mechanics. As designer Justin Jacobson said, to "keep the spirit of the game, but make it work for what we expect out of modern games."

Which older games were you fond of, that would you like to see remade with modern qualities? And would you consider doing some consulting work with Restoration Games if Rob calls you up?
When my kids were younger, Bonkers was one of their favorite games. When I play older games that I liked as a kid, unfortunately, I am often disappointed. That's why I think Restoration Games will be successful if they identify the things that an older game needs to improve and implement those improvements. I could see game players wanting to buy these new versions.
Consulting for Restoration Games, that sounds like fun.