View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2018, 08:03 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Master Splinter - Breathing

I also like YK's take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
(I might then actually run with a different version of the Master of Ninjitsu idea rather than just going back to MMA - it was honestly the 'unbalancing the opponent and taking advantage of it' element that appealed more than just phantom walk and attacking on the move.
Honestly, you might be best off just throwing the Ninjitsu connection out of whatever you do for the defensive power. I feel like it's adding a lot of baggage to what you really want the thing to do, and it makes sense for Splinter to only get out of LEAs and be kinetic when he's trying to help out the Turtles. He could get away from an engagement unscathed, but I feel like he's a very deliberate guy and he's not going to rush from one battle to another without reason. Not indulging in the Ninjitsu movement mechanic (or even a general LEA clause) reflects that.

Some wording tweaks:

Quote:
WISDOM OF THE RAT
Once per round, when an Order Marker is removed from a Ninja Army Card you control, you may immediately place that Order Marker on this card or any Ninja Army Card you control. When you roll the 20-sided die for a Ninja you control, you may add or subtract 1 from the roll.*

FATHER'S DEVOTION
Figures engaged with Master Splinter may not attack any Ninja Turtles you control. When a Ninja Turtle you control receives two or more wounds from a single attack or special power, Master Splinter may immediately move up to 5 spaces. Master Splinter will not take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with Father's Devotion.**

DEFENSIVE MARTIAL ARTS POWER
*that last sentence I'd happily drop
**we could drop the last sentence there too, if he gets disengage in the third power

Side note, we should probably go back and retcon Pied Piper so that he can only automatically take control of Common Rodent Heroes.