View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2021, 12:11 PM

SIEGE knows what's in an order marker SIEGE knows what's in an order marker SIEGE knows what's in an order marker
Re: Welcome to C3G! – Directory

Thank you for asking the community for feedback! I appreciate it!

I am in favor of class changes for the purposes of better balance, consistency, and/or theme. I am fine with removing "one off" classes as long as it promotes better balance, consistency, and/or theme. I am not opposed to "one off" classes when they are appropriate for the unit. For example, if a unit has a "one off" class, but that class is the most appropriate thematically, then it should keep that class, but if a unit has a "one off" class and there is a commonly used class that fits the unit just as well, then it should be changed.

I think there is a good balance to strike with the usefulness and frequency of these types of changes. I think it is worth while to streamline things and form a more solid foundation for the project from time to time, so I would suggest one big sweep every once and a while. If you push too many small updates frequently, it becomes tougher for the community to keep up with when established units are changing so often. Too much focus on updates also runs the risk of getting stuck in update loops where you spend so much time working on updates that you don't have time to focus on new units and rules.