View Single Post
Old September 21st, 2020, 03:10 PM
...lest we all lose that 3rd turn mystery

The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Painted Miniature counts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I look forward to your update. I think Ive only heard of warmachine out of those 3.
I just counted 218 completely painted minis for me, with another 18 just missing one or two colors to be considered done. I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anything.

I highly recommend looking into the other two. If nothing else, it gives you even more minis to paint!

ArcWorlde just had it's 2nd edition Kickstarted and it's a very simple but incredibly fun skirmish game. It has a custom feat system where you can pull off some crazy stuff. It's a great beer (or soda) and pretzels game where you can just throw around dice and have a ton of laughs. ArcWorlde miniatures are also completely hand sculpted by the very talented Alex Huntley, so each sculpt is full of character.

Freeblades is a very small but strong community and it's like playing a skirmish game and an RPG. The skills, stats, and abilities make it run very tight, while also providing a ton of options for thinking outside the box. The team is based in Kansas and they are very, very receptive to feedback and answer questions really quickly on their Facebook page. Two members of the community that have stood out have also been immortalized into the game through figures. I almost forgot, there is a pretty cool exploding dice mechanic, where rolling the highest value of a die results in rolling the die again and adding that to your total. You can roll a die as many times as you hit that maximum, so a d4 can end up rolling a total of 20+. There's a record being kept of exploding dice on the site.

I also painted some samurai for Osprey Publishing's Ronin, though I can't really recommend it as a good game. Just a good way to waste time without thinking too much.

Be polite: Don't put politics or religion in your signature!

Last edited by The_X_Marker; September 21st, 2020 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Added the exploding dice mechanic to Freeblades.