View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2019, 07:52 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: I can't make it, but if I could (Main Event 2019 ideas)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post

3x Arrow Gruts 120
Krug 240
Raelin 320
3x Swog Rider 395 (14)
Isamu optional. I probably wouldn't play him because he is more likely to make you lose than he is to let you win a game, if that makes any sense.

A less powerful but maybe more fun arrow grut build:

2x Arrow Gruts 80
Krug 200
2x Swog Rider 250
Mimring 400 (10)
I think you first army could go far, but I don't see it winning. As for the second army, I don't want to play against Mimring five times

Non conventional Arrow grut armies are a build that's been woefully underdeveloped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
3x Blade Gruts 120
Grimnak 240
Tornak 340
Nerak 390
Marcu 410 (16)
All melee
Three auras the mange
OrcElfArmyOne will tell you it's to strong though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Grok Riders x2 260
Me-Burq-Sa 50
Krav 100
One of the better Grok builds, but it's still Groks. I think there's better ways to fill out the last 100 points.

Quote:
Marro Drudge x3 150
Taelord 180
Marro Warriors 50
Guilty 30

^might be stretching it...we'll see how many SotM maps there'll be
I've never been down this road. I'd mod it to suit my style, but I'm intrigued

Quote:
Jotun 225
Rats x3 120
Zetacron 60 (or Deadeye if you're feeling edgy)
I've been toying with Jotun builds for some years now, but I don't think the big guy does well with these lower point totals.

Quote:
Shades of Bleakewoode x1 100
Elite Onyx Vipers 100
Dwarves x2 140
Darrak 60
Isamu 10

^I don't know why but I like this one haha, it's so weird
I don't think you can pull off both Shades and EoV in the same army at this point total. I just tested EoV yesterday, so I think they have a place. As for Shades, they need Raelin to have a chance.

Quote:
Sir Dupuis 150
PK's x2 140
Hydra 120

(Hydra+PKs might be too strong)
If that's the case just fill it with something other then Hydra. 120 is such a juice point total. PK's with Dupuis is something I tried to make work a couple years ago. The point total didn't work then, and I haven't tried yet this year.