View Single Post
Old December 18th, 2010, 11:54 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Spite's Custom Units - Air Elementalist & Archon, 1/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Nice job , I'm not really a fan of the DnD elementals, but I really like what you've done with these guys.
Do you mean the D1 elementals, or the Archon figures? I love the Archon sculpts, particularly Earth. And Water. Fire is less impressive than the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1
My only real problem is with the Air Archon's powers. Archons are like super-elementals right? If so, it seems odd to me that he doesn't have any sort of air powers of his own. I like the powers he has, but they're both support powers of sorts, neither really scream 'I'm a man made of wind!' to me.
Arg. That's so true. But I'm not sure how to change him. I like him as a summoned figure, so that has to be on his card. I want him to benefit the Air Elemental somehow, because it's pretty flimsy otherwise. And I want all my Archons to grow beefier to various degrees as the smaller elementals die off. Not sure how I can simplify him to make room for a thematic ability. But you're right--he should have one.

Quote:
Points wise, I'd say 110-120 for Sephyn, 50-60 for the Archon.
Really?? I'm with you on Sephyn, but you realize when 2 Air Elementals die, the Archon becomes a 5A/5D, right? That seems awfully cheap to me. Maybe I'm overestimating him.

Quote:
-'Sephyn the Howling Storm' is called 'Sephyn the Stormcloud' in his ability text.
I did that for flair . . . Or Thanks and I'll fix it.

Quote:
-In the special attack, there should be a period instead of a coma after 'Range 4' and another period after 'Attack 3'

-Personally, I wouldn't ALL CAPS Swirling Vortex or Blinding Wind Special Attack in the special attack's text, I don't think any official cards do that.
Good stuff. Thanks man. This thread got completely ignored when I first posted it. I'm hoping it's just because cards without pictures are boring. Anyway, thanks for your insight.

~Spite, *sigh* back to work