View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahavice View Post
Got in my first 2 games of Dust Tactics and was underwhelmed by the whole experience. I was the Axis and we only played with the Core Set but both games were over in under 15 minutes. Hopefully there is more to this game than, Roll Initiative, Move, Roll Attack, and then do it all over again until one side is completely wiped out. On a positive note I thought the minatures that came with the game looked great.
I have to agree, but my kid likes it so I'm good with it for now. I hold out hope for the Warfare rules coming out soon.

We played Flash Point twice today using Lego firemen and both my kids (9 & 5) loved it. I did tweak the rules a little so nobody "died" after my daughter asked what happened to the dog after an explosion. I really like it as well and look forward to playing the advanced rules.

I tried Dust Tactics once and wasn't impressed. With the awesome minis and price tag, I was hoping for more than move and attack basic stuff. The guy that I played it with had gotten the core set on clearance for like $15, so it was too good of a deal for him to pass up.

Advanced rules for Flashpoint are tough, but fun. Still haven't won with them in 2 tries and that's on Recruit level.

Had a long game night last night, from 5 -12:30. I was only planning on staying until 11, but got lured into another game.

Played:

Tsuro - My first time playing. It was kind of neat and pretty quick.

Survive - 6 player game with Squid expansion. I didn't do so well as the squid were not my friend.

Flash Point: Fire Rescue - I played the Paramedic and got a few people out and even carried a hazmat out while I was leading a treated victim out. But the other 3 players couldn't contain the fire after awhile and the hot spots helped get it out of control for us. We only saved 4 victims before the building collapsed. We would have had another one but one guy carried the cat victim outside and left it just outside the front door. It was safe as there was no fires nearby and we figured we'd use AP's to call the ambulance over later. But then a series of explosions led to a shockwave that sent flames out the front door and fried the cat.

Catacombs - this was my first time playing this and I played the Barbarian. It was fun, but tough as 3 of the 4 of us had never played and our "flicking" skills weren't on par with the dungeon master. It was the DM's game and he had just gotten a new expansion that he wanted to try out with the Ice Princess, Blood Skulls, and Giant Scorpions that dished out poison.

Sail to Steam - This was a playtesting session for a game being developed. We liked some things about it but offered suggested changes that we would like to see.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon