View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

That's 4 nay votes, Scy, not that it matters.

Thanks for looking him over. Personally, I view the lack of general-wide synergy to be an untapped design space that we should look into, rather than avoiding it simply because it's not common in official units. I understand the fear to go where the official game has not gone before, though I disagree with that in principle.

Besides that, Flagbearers have general-wide synergy. Units such as Kyrie, Finn, Thorgrim, etc. have synergy that effect every unit in the game. Jeb Vandalay is an inspiring dude, and he's used to working with Aquilla's army. But somehow it's not canonic for him to lead Aquilla's forces? What would make that canonic, a flag? Are all general-specific powers out of bounds for non-flag bearers (without further restrictions on class, personality, species,etc.)? I guess that's just a principle I disagree with. Generals were created for a reason: to allow synergy within those generals. Disallowing general-specific synergy is like rejecting the premise of the generals, a core feature of the Heroscape canon, in my mind.

Anyway, I've said my piece, so I'll get out of your hair now. Thanks again.