View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2008, 02:29 AM

cosmosis knows what's in an order marker cosmosis knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Otonashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilo-scaper View Post
I posted this as a new thread in the FAQs, but I thought I would add this here also since someone told me that this is where the topic belongs.
The original question was "Does Otonashi's Tricky Speed ability stack?" In other words, does she get an additional 4 move for each tricky figure that she begins her turn adjacent to? The card is a little ambiguous about this, but the consensus on this site (from loyal and insightful Heroscape players and fans) is that it does not stack. The discussion led to the "conclusion" that the word any in the Tricky Speed ability is meant to say that she can move an additional 4 spaces no matter how many tricky figures she begins adjacent to.
I am still unconvinced either way, but I will trust the experts until a higher expert tells me otherwise.
It does not stack. You get 4 additional spaces no matter how many tricky figures she begins adjacent to, due to the word "any," as you have stated that the discussion concluded. It is obvious that if they meant to have her move an additional 4 move for each tricky figure that she begins adjacent to, then the word "each" would have been used instead of any. Sir Dupuis' text uses "each" for number of knights to add to his attack which can increase more than one, while the Marrden Hounds use "any" because having multiple Marrden Hounds does not allow you to roll the Marro Plague multiple times for the same figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger View Post
Back on to the unit, I feel that Otonashi really has nothing over Isamu. At least with Isamu you can pull off some ridiculous win. Otonashi doesn't even get Vanish/Dissapearing Ninja, which means that she's pretty poor againt most other clean up units. I really see nothing that can allow you to make a comeback with Otonashi. Even if you send her as a first strike, I think that would be better used with an order marker on other early game units. Of course, I still need to play extensively with her, but that's my initial impression. It may change when I play with her more. Plus, you can't deny the awesomeness of being unable to hit a ponytail.
I agree with you, but I will play devil's advocate here and say that I see Otonashi as a sneaky mid-game order marker use, when your opponent has a pretty valuable WILD personality unit within 10 spaces of where Otonashi started in your starting zone. Then you get one strike of 4 attack and an engagement on that wild unit for one (sneaky and unexpected if you had been using the X on her all game) order marker and 10 points... Well worth it to me!