View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Index of Heroscape Software

Hi bmaczero. Thanks for listing "Gary's Army Drafter" under "Army Drafting Utilities". Unfortunately, this was a tool on my HS web-site that has been mostly dead for quite a while. (I no longer have a link to it on my site.) It depended on the existence of Mozilla's XForms add-on, which is very dead.

I'm disappointed in Mozilla and all the other major web-browser companies for not giving "native support" to XForms, and for also stopping with their native support of XSLT/XPath at version 1.0, when version 2.0 is so much more powerful. Why did they give up on XForms and XSLT? I can't tell you. All I know is I liked using XForms and still like using XSLT, but I wish they had better names like BrowserSuperForms or BrowserTemplateMaster .

However, others have pressed on with XForms and XSLT/XPath 2.0 on the client side (meaning in the browser). Two great examples are XSLTForms for XForms and Saxon-CE for XSLT/XPath 2.0. (It wouldn't surprise me if Saxon-CE eventually supports XForms markup as well.)

I haven't done anything with XSLTForms yet, but am thinking about it. I have played a bit with Saxon-CE, but have not gone very far with it yet. So maybe the idea of having an army drafting tool on my web-site is not dead yet.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; March 18th, 2013 at 02:37 PM.