View Single Post
Old December 12th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Effective Armies with 1 RotV and 1 SotM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoFury View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
I think Syvarris falls into the will-always-have-a-soft-spot-in-my-heart-for-him kind of figure. Before I knew about meta-gaming and tournament-worthy armies and multiple commons, Syvarris was almost always in my army.
I feel the same about my Marrden Hounds. I've had the game since it came out, and my Hounds became my instant favorites when they weree released--but only recently have I gotten back into the game and cared about competetiveness and tournaments and such. Still, the Houdns make it into my favorite competetive armies, poor rankings or no.

The only thing they're "inconsistant" about with me, is their paint jobs. (I have one squad of perfect paint jobs, and one with midly disappointing ones). Other than that, they're pretty consistant.

I guess if I had to pick a squad that falls into that category with Syvarris and your Hounds, it would have to be the Shaolin Monks.

I don't know what it is. Maybe it's that crazy stealth-leaping - excuse me, stealth-precision-leaping - or the "Whaaaahhhh" Bruce Lee noise we make every time we move one of them, but the Monks are that way for me too.

Sorry for the threadjack, just strolling down memory lane was all...

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-