View Single Post
Old August 15th, 2020, 03:55 AM

AgentWard is surprisingly tart
Re: 2020 C3V Playtest Tournament - Round 4 until 8/23

Hello there

Here my last two reports (with a lot of delay )
I let them together because it's interessant to play the same match-up but from the two differents sides

Round 2 summary
Spoiler Alert!

Round 3 Summary
Spoiler Alert!

Comments
Axentia: I liked him (her?) during the 2 games, he is strong and scare me to send to much unit against. 14 lifes first seems too much but when playing him or against you saw that go really fast. That goes as fast that in these 2 games I didn't find Immolation really impactfull.
Immolation is a really thematic power which seems rarely worth but I think in few match-up against low-attack melee squad (deathravers) it would be more important
Resurection is his big power which can be totally game changer, losing Immolation is a problem only in few match up but coming back to full life and the automatics wounds is always huge. In my first game he killed 3 Childrens and deal 1 w to AggaZemir before doing a 6-dices attack. This is when the balance go on my side I think.

Agga-Zemir: I'm more sceptic for him.
First the figure is nice.
He is hard to place cause of his 4-moves and wings like a lot of huge figure but is 2-moves power completly negate all problem of moving. I played Eldgrimm for him but I didn't use 5 moves cause he already was able to reach battle. You just need to game with other unit.
Spreading Madness: I'm really split on this power. On the first hand I find it really balanced: it is only one by round and the OM is still on a card, it could be useless if you reach the X, it could be a good change for the opponent, it could be useless against 1-card army. On the other hand I see The Varja, Spiders, Dünd, Mastermind Flyer thing which have a stronger impact on OM control, especialy the Varja which is far better against squad than Agga-Zemir.
Moreover that SM is bad against squad army, after that power Agga-Zemir suffer from the comparaison with the other Outsider: Z'Thoth. Z'Thoth is really good and versatible, he is able to kill 3-figure a round. During my 2nd game I only place one OM on AZ to use his Spreading Madness and after it was only for Z'Thoth. In the first game, the same Z'thoth were a lot more impactfull and scaredme more than Agga-Zemir.

I hope my English is understandable and if you have question on what I wanted to mean or to develop don't hesitate to ask me.

AgentWard

Hello from the France.

If you speak french (and even if you don't), don't be shy and come say hello here:
French forum