View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2021, 06:41 PM

SIEGE knows what's in an order marker SIEGE knows what's in an order marker SIEGE knows what's in an order marker
Re: SIEGE's AotP Converted Customs

@gatormustang , I am glad you like the updates! Thank you for your feedback along the way because that helped balance them.

Speaking of balancing, I just updated the Event Hero versions of the Eldrazi Ruiner by reducing both by 50 points. In the games I played recently, Eldrazi Ruiner plus the Eldrazi Scions were more evenly matched against 1000 and 1500 point armies instead of 1050 and 1550 point armies. So now Eldrazi Ruiner plus the Eldrazi Scions fit within a 1000 point or 1500 point army. Technically, they are 5 points over, but I don't think anyone will complain about going 5 points over in a 1000 or 1500 point game.

I do like the incorporation of one spell for each Planeswalker. Like I said before, it's a clever and elegant way to incorporate some of the spells without incorporating all of the spells and spell rules. A while ago, I pondered converting the spells and spell rules to Heroscape, but I decided against it because of the time it would take to convert each spell. Your solution bypasses that problem. For my own customs, I am going to leave them without the additional ability because my goal was to keep the figures as true to their listed abilities and stats as possible while fitting Heroscape conventions.

I think the spells you picked are good because they match the Planeswalkers thematically and are archetypal spells. Chandra's Fury and Gideon's Phalanx are good examples of this. I can see why you skipped Jace's Scrutiny since it relies on the spell mechanic and instead went with Project Self and Twisted Image which are the better options.

I am not sure whether or not they should be submitted to C3V. In my mind, AotP customs occupy a weird place in the domain of Heroscape customs because AotP is so similar to Heroscape to begin with. It seems like there is no clear cut answer as to what to do with them as evidenced by the number of custom projects in the AotP Blender Forum and the AotV project. I suspect C3V hasn't used the figures already because of AotV. I see three options one can take with AotP customs. One is to make totally new stats (AotV). Two is to convert the AotP stats as faithfully as possible into Heroscape mechanics while dropping all of the Magic-specific mechanics (Spells, Summoning, Mana Colors, Planeswalkers) (my project). Three is to convert the AotP stats into Heroscape in a way that is balanced while including the Magic-specific mechanics. I see room for official projects for all three on this site. I think it would be neat if my project became the official project for option two.