View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The HelmAverse Custom Expansions - new Nexus Troopers ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moreheroscaper View Post
Two more awesome additions. Thank you A3n!

Even though we now have a beautiful card for Tlaloc, Matt Helm, would you consider boosting his life to 9 and his points by 10 points, since his miniature is so my larger than Quahon's?
Such changes would make him just different enough from Quahon. Tlaloc gets the Green Scale Warriors bonding, but not the predator bonding potential. Tlaloc does have a very similar Special Attack, but 1 higher bases attack. So I would think that boosting his life slightly and his points may make him attractive for some army builds. I even thought about suggesting 10 life at 205 points--considering his size can still be a hindering factor on maps with a lot of obstacles.

Even at 210 with 9 or 10 life, I think a Mok vs. Tlaloc would be a good toe to toe match.
Yes A3n manages to out do himself often. These cards look awesome and I totally appreciate the time it takes for him to work on a squad card.

As for your points on Tlaloc, I can totally see where you are coming from. I mean, statistically he an Quahon are almost identical. Remember, Tlaloc's design was released before I saw the C3V release. I like your thinking now that he was moved out of Aquilla and is an independent figure that should be payable as an alternative with a few more differences.

So, whenever you have time A3n ol'buddy, and certainly no rush, maybw you can give Tlaloc a Life of 9 and a point cost of 210.

Thanks again buddy, and thanks 1mo'scaper for the excellent suggestion.

As for your Nexus Troopers question, I have 2 squads of them.

Edit: by the way, before we ever see the Kinsmen on a card I will have to email the photos to A3n. I'm not sure if I ever emailed them before but if I did it would have been a long time ago. So I'll email him the pics eventually but for now he probably needs a break from here for a bit. In the meantime, I'll try and work on the write ups for the last few units and squads.

Last edited by Matt Helm; February 11th, 2013 at 09:44 PM.