View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2008, 05:05 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
Honestly, if they're really planning on releasing those all terrain sets, unique might be the best way to go in Master sets. Again, it's just those unique terrain items (like if they sold jungle trees in a Master set) that would make me want to see Master sets with commons in it, so less of the money would be on unusable repeat uniques. This really is a quandry.
I think this is the best solution. There'd be three main kinds of product:

1. Master Sets- An introduction to the game with varied product. All uniques. To be sold in big box stores, as well as hobby shops. Unique squads and a handful of heroes would stand side-by-side with eye-popping double-based figures a la Aquilla's Alliance. Lots of varied hex tiles. Maybe 2-3 cheap, effective LoS blockers. Uniques would synergize well with common squads that are released in other waves, much like RotV-> Wave 1&2

2. Terrain expansions- Trees, sand dunes, etc... try to keep tiles that can be found in the master sets to a minimum. Should be designed to increase the number of LoS blockers, and add interesting new rules to gameplay.

3. Common figure expansions- Could be released much like the current waves, or perhaps like Zombies/Ashigaru were. I'd like to see more Common Heroes- that's a cool mechanic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)