View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2018, 12:19 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Letters From the Front

I haven't updated this in awhile, and I'd like to keep it more or less upt to date. Also, I'm secretly hoping that, by bumping this thread, we'll find out about @quozl and the campaign he was developing to play with his daughter.

Where we last left our characters:
Spoiler Alert!
The current dramatis personae:

Del ~ My character, a scoundrel half-elf wild mage sorcerer
Thraag ~ Gnome barbarian
Finn ~ Halfling monk
Sue ~ Human ranger

The massive froghemoth we defeated in that dark lake turned out to be the final ne'erdowell in that massive dungeon. We did a bit more exploring and rescued the captives, including Finn's and Keylee's clan. (Yaaaayyyyy!)

We led them all the way back to the surface, where we met a few wandering elves, who were part of a party that had been in the area. It turned out that their woodland sanctum was also under threat from the same wild, evil forces that seemed to be at work all over the eastern seaboard of Geroth. They told us about a powerful witch, in the mountains to the northwest, who might have information about what to do next.

We gave Keylee a significant amount of gold, including a significant gift for the Clasp in exchange for its support for us, and custody of the freed halflings. I cannot remember how we came to be persuaded to do this, but we decided to go looking for this mountain witch.

We battled our way through a few woodland encounters and made our way to her mountain lair.

WARNING:
I think my brother may be blending in some official licensed D&D campaign stuff now. I don't know whether it's an official campaign or where he got this stuff but I suspect it's from somewhere.

IF YOU THINK A MOUNTAIN WITCH WITH SOME KIND OF WEIRD SECRETS SOUNDS FAMILIAR to your campaign, then maybe don't read anymore. I don't want to spoil your campaign.

Anyway. We are now Level 7. I can polymorph.

You've been warned. Plot points incoming.

We found this cave witch, the name of whom I forget. She offered to do some stuff for us if we provided her a service. We had a couple of services available, one of which sounded like a lot of work, and one of which was that our gnome barbarian would *ahem* spend the evening with her.

Our barbarian, who is not the most enthusiastic of role players, was perfectly happy to sacrifice himself that way. I used my new spell to turn myself into a bug, once during the night, to crawl under the door and make sure she wasn't eating him or anything, but apparently all was ok. So my brother & the gnome barbarian had some private time, and then we all got back on the call and that was that. The next morning, Thraag made some passing comments about how the witch had said something like she'd planted a demon seed or something in her, and we moved on. (!!!???).

In exchange for Thraag's *ahem* service, the witch pointed us to Daggerford, far away on the west coast of Geroth, as the place to investigate next. Also, she provided Sue - our ranger, who kept losing his piggy animal companions - an Imp to be his companion next. What an upgrade!

We made our way down to Hong Zhou. Thanks to our generosity with the Clasp, we were offered access to some teleportation magic that would help get us to the Daggerford area, which otherwise we could not hope to reach for a long, long time.

Our teleportation magic took us near Daggerford but not directly to it. We had to battle & sneak our way to the town gate, which we ultimately did, where found a town in the midst of some unrest. Refugees were camped outside and could not enter; meanwhile, inside, the absentee lord had suffered a theft of some magical doodad.

All kinds of drama. We diplomacied our way through the gate and have been investigating the missing magical doodad, though (as far as I can recall) we were starting to feel like we'd hit a dead end with the investigating.

Things broke off temporarily because of other developments. . .

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =