View Single Post
Old July 1st, 2021, 04:00 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Reverse the Whip Army Archetypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
It's definitely debatable if my army really was playing short. X17 never really did have a great game though no. His best game was probably the quarterfinals against Major Q23, when I just plopped him on Valda with Theracus; he was very safe against Q23's Dwarves with his melee defense and secured the glyph for the Chasers the whole game. My opponents either tried to use X17 without much success or just left him in the startzone until the endgame. I had a few games where I left him in the startzone too.

I guess I just think Deathchasers are good, and they were by far the more meaningful part of the army. Anyway I guess I'm not sure what I'd class it as otherwise either; maybe Fast But Fragile?
Gladblast?

Haha yeah you’re right it’s not too obvious to categorize otherwise...I’d probably go with Fast But Fragile myself. It’s also an army (DC’s) that you’re definitely good with, so I could see it under Figures You Personally Are Very Good At. I guess it would feel more like Short But Good to me had you played 40pt. under or had a not-so-good filler for Theracus’s spot. Theracus+X17 actually seems decent to me, it for sure makes it a lot easier to get X17 somewhere and that can help save your deathchasers from some attacks. Would you say Theracus+X17 was a big reason for your win against William? I’d say the filler in this category really shouldn’t ever do much, besides maybe getting super lucky in the end game or something.