View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2021, 02:50 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: OHS Season 42: Quad Pod II - ROUND 2

I got the win over Dysole in a long and carefully played game.

The opening round I went all on Vipers & Dysole went all on Spiders (later telling me she expected a PKs open from me instead). I lost init and spent 2 OMs developing Vipers while Dysole spent all 3 OMs developing Spiders. I took the chance at a frenzy + init switch and charged in on my OM 3, got neither, and only killed 1/3 spiders from my 3 attacks.

Round 2 Dysole switched to all 4th while I stayed on Vipers. I had one frenzy that round, but otherwise the round consisted of Vipers moving forward, killing some stuff, and then all being killed by 4th. At the end of the round I had 2 Vipers left.

I took an OM1 on the last 2 Vipers to start round 3 and won init. They charged forward, killing 1 last spider, before the 4th finished them off on Dysole's 1st OM.

All 9 vipers were dead, along with 4 4th & 3 spiders.

I had only got 1/8 hits on frenzy, but I was still fairly happy with this board state, as the Vipers had done what I intended, which was to bring both 4th & spiders down to ~ 1 squad left so that Dysole's OMs would be hard doing into a full 3 squads of PKs for the 2nd half of the game.

1 4th charged to try and kill a PK while the other 3 retreated; the attack failed, and the PKs quickly killed the forward 4th. Dysole then tried to gather all her remaining forces just outside her SZ in the south, including Himmel who finally took an OM to move up, while I developed PKs into the south on my side of the center height / ice bergs. Dysole took a fun move where Himmel tried to kill her own spider to get an extra 3 move, but the spider blocked the betrayal swipe from Himmel. I think that really pitted Himmel against Dysole's army, because Himmel did absolutely nothing the rest of the game.

Both Dysole and myself were careful with PK / Himmel placement, working hard to deny height attacks, and so there weren't any attacks for almost a round while they got settled. Eventually Himmel charged in, but failed twice to kill a PK while rolling 0 shields across 2 PK attacks of 2/3 & 3/3, which quickly killed Himmel. My PKs killed another spider to bring Dysole down to 4 spiders left and put a wound on Wyvern.

Dysole played the Wyvern / Spiders nicely and, with a little luck (several missed LEAs and 1/1 on Web) killed a few PKs and took off my OM3. But the PKs were able to kill all remaining spiders before they lost their OM3 that round.

This left 5 PKs, Mittens (4 life left), & Guilty (1 life left) v. 3 4th, Wyvern (3 life left), & Marcu (5 life left).

The 4th tried to fight PKs, but they really aren't good at that, and the PKs killed the rest of the 4th and the Wyvern, leaving 5 PKs to fight Marcu.

I took Wanok and the height around it, forcing Marcu to charge me with 4 life left. Marcu defended well (better than Himmel by a long shot) and killed 2 PKs, but was eventually brought down by multiple PK attacks per turn + Wanok.

I won with 3 PKs, Mittens (4 life), & Guilty (1 life).

gg Dysole!