View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2016, 01:18 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Spell Rules

One outstanding issue for Final Editing is the question A3n brought up concerning where SA spell use is covered. We can indicate on the spell card itself or as part of the rules that using a spell SA is in place of the figures normal attack. I think it would be best just to include something in the rules since it would apply to all SA spells rather than repeat ourselves on each SA card. I'm not the wordsmith around here but a simple addition to the rule book (section 2 casting spells) like this:

Some spells feature a Special Attack, when casting these spells the Special Attack is used in place of the casting figures normal attack for that turn.

Other issues, everyone happy with the name of the thread? I tentatively named the release 'do you believe in magic special release' but that can be changed. Not sure what goes in the line below that, it seems that some of the other rule books were presented as add-ons to previous releases (World's Finest, Fantastic Forces Unite!, etc.). What do we want to do here? For the spell description section I used one of the suggestions from the art department rulebook design thread. We can change it up though, just let me know what we are going for there.

For the community contributions, I listed everyone who participated in the rules discussion thread up through page 29, where we started moving forward with what he have now. I then included all those who contributed tests. I also listed japes & A3n for art, let me know if Arkham or anyone else ends up helping out on the art front and I'll update accordingly. Actually, maybe I should just put japes down for art here in the rulebook thread and A3n down in the individual spell threads? Not sure how the art duties have been divided up behind the scenes.