View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Simpson's AE Grenade Question & Clarification pg 14

R˙chean, TheGuru and Grungebob,

You were right, I am pleased. I think the ruling does an excellent job of describing the Lob. It's a clear ruleset that can be applied with mathematical precision to any situation, and the results are certainly within the spirit of the idea of lobbing as we know it from the real world. I thought the way you guys described/used point 4 is especially inventive, and does what it's supposed to do really well. All in all: great job!

I disagree with previous posters that this is simple. I am still trying to completely get my head around all of it, but I am actually thankful for the level of complexity you guys have chosen to apply to this. I think it befits the complexity of the issue at hand.

I can see one situation where a grenade can still be thrown with a slight curve around a wall. Imagine a Marro figure underneath a low overhang, lower than 12 high. Direct LOS between AE and Marro is blocked by a wall underneath the overhang that runs from ceiling to floor, but the path around the wall into the bunker is still the shortest path to the Marro. In that scenario, following the letter of the ruling, you can still hit the Marro underneath the overhang. My feelings about that? I have no problem with it whatsoever. It's fine. It does not weigh up to the added complexity to avoid this, and I wouldn't be surprised if the rule team has already thought of this situation and came up with the same conclusion that I did.

In trying to understand the solution and the reasoning behind every step, I did come up with a question:
"If the Airborne Elite can see the target, and the target is not directly above or below the Airborne Elite, continue to step 4."
Why is that step included? If you can see your target, can't you just always just hit it, as long as it's within range 5 and elevation 12? What is the scenario in which you want to make the extra step?

~Robert - Grateful there's a rule team to sort out his personal issues.

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format