View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2009, 06:10 PM

chispito is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Arkmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Has anyone attempt to use uneven terrain or blockers to isolate a strong double-spaced hero in an engagement against Arkmer? Ideally, you would have the opposing hero adjacent to Arkmer, with KG and two other elves behind Arkmer, not touching the opposing hero. This forces the hero to attack Arkmer's defense of 6; quite an improvement over the normal elf wizard defense of 2.

I could see this strategy potentially paying dividents against Q9, Q10, Zetacron, Brunak, and the Hivelords. It could also work against Krug, Nilfheim, or Charos, but they would probably just disengage and look for weaker targets. Against Q9/Q10, you would probably want to wait for the third order marker to try this, and hope to set up the full quartet on an initiative switch before the major has a chance to respond.

I'm not suggesting this is something you could pull off with any regularity, but if you could manage it once in a while against a key opponent, it could help out. Just something to look for in the terrain.
I think you'd be wasting a lot of turns moving everyone into position, and your opponent would have to have stopped on the exact position you needed for it to work. Arkmer would be much more valuable, IMO, taking shots of 5 from height at the attacker, and warding off small and medium figures.