View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2019, 09:22 PM

Fakeraistlin is surprisingly tart
Re: [Pod 1] UNIT NAME (Chandra Nalaar, Pyromancer) - Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaur0n View Post
@Fakeraistlin your post gave me an idea I'm just throwing out there. We could do something after movement and before attack that rolls the 20 sided die and the result determines what kind of attack she does (being careful to word it not to create a loop). If we do 3 results we'd have to keep them fairly straight forward to avoid a huge text wall. I wonder if two might be better.

Something good like

1-10 double attack with range
11-20 you may attack all adjacent figures

Or something where most results are good, but some results are really good

1-17 double ranged attack
18-20 may attack all figures within X clear line of sight spaces
That's fun, but you have to be careful with it, or the unit really suffers. Just play the Master of the Hunt to know how even a relatively small difference in the amount of range available is frustrating. As is, this first design is very contrary to itself. To ensure an attack, you will always have to play for the 11+, so you'll always force engagement. If you get it, 1-10 may just be less attacks. The range would only be useful on the turns you cannot get into engagement, in which case it's just a hope that you can attack.
Thanks Jaur0n, I'm a fan of random amount of a power (e.g. Anubian Wolves), not different power gets activated - I like the ability to select what strategy to implement, and not gamble. Though ....

Though it is interesting, maybe we can give Chandra some kind of madness where she selects an attack mode that doesn't make any strategic sense at the moment and to compensate the power or powers make up for it...Occasionally