View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2019, 11:45 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

I think Fallout is actually comparable to Legion in some ways. Plenty of tokens, plenty of cards and the time to assign item cards to characters.

That said, one of the differences is that the unused upgrade cards for Legion don't form a draw deck. So for Fallout, you have to search the item deck for cards to eqip the characters and then shuffle all the unused ones back together to form a draw deck. This is only used however, if there are searchables being used in the scenario. Some scenarios don't require them, while others do, and it's fun to scavenge for stuff.

But you also have other draw decks like events that get drawn at the end of each round. Danger cards and creature cards can need to be drawn based on certain search results and maybe events but I haven't looked at all the events.

If playing vs for Fallout, there will be setup and winning conditions in the scenarios. If playing solo or co-op, there is that too, but yoy also have to set up the AI team with their cards etc. The AI seems pretty good, though it takes a little while to learn, as it's not a generic type programming for all enemy units because each character type will act a little different and that boils down further to how wounded they are and the die roll you do to determine their course on their activation.

I like the range sticks for Fallout and they are intuitive. It's also neat how the dice system works, where you have one main skill die to try to pass a skill, but also other types of dice that modify the results. Those other dice are determined by weapon or attack types. So the green die has mostly negative numbers to help get your skill die lower under the required number, so it helps with accuracy but also has a little bit to be able to add damage. The black die os the opposite, as it will primarily potentially add more damage if you hit, but also has a little other helpful faces. The yellow die primarily reduces the target's armor, but has other helpful faces.

The area of effect rules are neat, and rules for scatter if not on target.

I need to get working on my Super Mutants and all the other minis, so I can play some solo games here and there. Though maybe I won't wait until they are all painted as I do want to play sooner than that.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon